The Wilmington College women's soccer team scored twice in the first seven minutes of the game and secured a 3-1 non-conference victory over Ohio Christian Saturday on Townsend Field in Williams Stadium.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Wilmington dominated the offense, launching 36 shots and holding the Trailblazers to just four shots. Fifteen of the 36 shots were on goal, while OCU had one shot on goal.
- Senior Haley Brausch (Clarksville, OH/Clinton-Massie) found the back of the net in the third minute as a scrum ensued in front of the goal mouth. Sophomore Alex Vestal (Orlando, FL/Lake Nona) was credited with the assist.
- Four minutes later, senior Ashley Lovett (Washington Court House, OH/Senior) was scoring an unassisted tally for a 2-0 lead.
- Ohio Christian scored its only goal in the 39th minute to go into halftime trailing by one.
- Vestal and Lovett combined on the game's final marker with the latter earning the assist in the 88th minute.
- Senior Ana Hosler (Blanchester, OH/Blanchester) and sophomore Leda Moyer (Martinsville, OH/Clinton-Massie) split the time evenly in goal.
- Wilmington is 4-1-1 in the last six games.
"I am very proud of our team today," said Wilmington head coach Steve Spirk. "We played hard and well in 90 degree heat. Everyone played today and contributed to the win. We are ready for Ohio Athletic Conference play to begin."
Wilmington (4-4-1) kicks off Ohio Athletic Conference action 7 p.m. Saturday, hosting John Carroll.