SPRINGFIELD – The Wilmington College women's soccer team allowed one shot on goal, but it found the back of the net as the Fightin' Quakers fell to Wittenberg, 1-0, Wednesday in non-conference action.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Wilmington outshot the Tigers, 9-3, and launched six of the game's seven shots on frame. WC recorded three shots on goal in each half.
- Senior Ashley Lovett (Washington Court House, OH/Senior) finished with two shots on goal. Junior Taylor Leake (Beavercreek, OH/Beavercreek), junior Sarah Pierce (New Carlisle, OH/Dominion Academy), junior Hannah Greaney (Dayton, OH/Carroll) and sophomore Alex Vestal (Orlando, FL/Lake Nona) all had a shot on goal.
- Senior Ana Hosler (Blanchester, OH/Blanchester) falls to 0-3 on the season, allowing one goal on one shot.
- It marks the second time in three games the Fightin' Quakers failed to score this season.
- "I thought we dominated the game," said Wilmington head coach Steve Spirk. "Unfortunately, they got one opportunity, a shot from a wide position – from an impossible angle – and it hit the post and went in."
- "We have to take advantage of our opportunities, and put the ball in the net," said Spirk. "I am proud of the effort."
Wilmington (0-3) opens its home slate 2 p.m. Saturday, hosting Manchester in non-conference action.