WILMINGTON, OH – The Wilmington College Fightin' Quakers women's Lacrosse team took on the Franciscan Barons this afternoon. Wilmington lost against Franciscan by a score of 13-5.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Franciscan came out quick in the first half scoring seven goals to Wilmington's zero in the first 12 minutes of the game.
• Wilmington was able to get on the board twice in the first half with goals coming from freshman Hannah Gratsch (Milford, OH/Milford) and freshman Rachel Brown (Lebanon, OH/Lebanon). Franciscan led at the half 8-2.
• Wilmington played much better in the second half only allowing five goals and scoring three goals.
• In the first minute of the second half freshman Clara Blaine (Lebanon, OH/Lebanon) was able to notch her first goal of the game. Gratsch and junior Becca Petra (Liberty Township, Lakota East) also added goals to make the final score 13-5 with Franciscan taking the game.
• Offensively, Gratsch led the way with two goals on two shots and Petra added one goal and one assist on three shots.
• Defensively, Petra tallied five caused turnovers and picked up five ground balls while freshman Summer Wilbur (Manchester, OH/ Manchester) totaled 4 caused turnovers and three ground balls
• Sophomore goalie, Megan Wieloch (Canton, MI/Plymouth) allowed 13 goals while totaling 13 saves on the afternoon.
Wilmington (2-12) returns to action 7:00 p.m. Wednesday, April 26th, competing at Capital in a conference game.