WILMINGTON, OH – The Wilmington College Fightin' Quakers women's Lacrosse team took on the Ohio Northern Polar Bears this afternoon. Wilmington lost against Ohio Northern by a score of 16-6.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Ohio Northern was led by Katie McCourt and Rachel Shipman both scoring three goals each in the first half this afternoon.
• In the second half Wilmington's Blaine tallied three additional goal in a half where Wilmington settled in and played much better on both ends of the field.
• Ohio Northern's Jacqui Lohman and Elizabeth Carter were both able to notch two goals apiece. Ohio Northern outscored Wilmington in the second half 8-4.
• Offensively, Blaine led the way totalling an impressive four goals on the afternoon.
• Defensively, Petra was able to cause two turnovers and pick up four ground balls. Blaine was also able to cause one turnover and pick up five ground balls.
• Sophomore goalie, Megan Wieloch (Canton, MI/Plymouth) allowed thirteen goals while totaling six saves on the afternoon.
• "This afternoon, specifically in the second half, we were able to put good transitions together led by Rachel Reinhart, that ultimately led to great offensive opportunities," said Coach Bree Galloway.
• "Once we were able to settle in during the second half we played much better and I was happy with the work that our entire team put in," said Coach Galloway.
Wilmington (1-9) returns to action 1:00 p.m. Saturday, April 8th, competing at John Carroll in this season's fourth conference game.