The Wilmington College women's lacrosse team wrapped up the 2016 season with a 21-2 loss to Baldwin Wallace Saturday in Ohio Athletic Conference action at Williams Stadium.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Senior Abby Jude (Lancaster, OH/Fairfield Union) and senior Stephanie Belz (Gahanna, OH/Lincoln) each scored an unassisted goal for Wilmington.
- Belz finished with a team-leading 20 goals and 23 points, while Jude was second on the team with 19 points on 16 goals and three assists.
- Baldwin Wallace led 15-0 at the break, and extended its lead to 17-0 before Wilmington got on the board. The Yellow Jackets added four unanswered goals to close the scoring.
- Wilmington was outshot, 37-6, by the Yellow Jackets.
- Senior Katie Bennett (Newport, OH/Frontier) finished with five saves on 18 shots, while sophomore Whitney Brofford (Marysville, OH/Marysville) tallied three saves on 11 shots.
- It marked the final games for Bennett, Belz, Jude, Loryn Bryson (Carlisle, OH/Carlisle), Emily Phipps (Heath, OH/Heath) and Rachel Routzong (Urbana, OH/Urbana).
Wilmington concluded the 2016 season 2-14 overall, 0-7 in the OAC.