The Wilmington College women's lacrosse team scored once in each half as the Fightin' Quakers fell to Capital, 19-2, Wednesday at Williams Stadium in Ohio Athletic Conference action.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Senior Rachel Routzong (Urbana, OH/Urbana) scored with 20:08 left in the first half, and now has 13 goals in 13 games this season. She won six of Wilmington's nine draw controls.
- Senior Stephanie Belz (Gahanna, OH/Lincoln) tallied her team-high 15th goal, finding the back of the net with 6:45 remaining in the game.
- Capital scored 13 goals in the first half to lead 13-1, and added six more in the second half.
- Senior Loryn Bryson (Carlisle, OH/Carlisle), sophomore Becca Petra (Liberty Township, OH/Lakota East), sophomore Abby Engelhart (Westerville, OH/North) and junior Kayla Ogan (Raymond, OH/Marysville) all had two ground balls.
- Senior Katie Bennett, 2-11, (Newport, OH/Frontier) made six saves on 21 shots.
Wilmington (2-11 overall, 0-4 OAC) will host Muskingum 3 p.m. Saturday in Ohio Athletic Conference action at Williams Stadium.