The Wilmington College women's lacrosse team opened Ohio Athletic Conference play with a 19-4 loss to John Carroll Saturday at Williams Stadium. The game was moved from University Heights due to inclement weather.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- John Carroll scored the first seven goals of the game, and led 12-1 at halftime.
- Four different Wilmington players – seniors Rachel Routzong (Urbana, OH/Urbana) and Loryn Bryson (Carlisle, OH/Carlisle), along with junior Nikki Northern (Dayton, OH/Chaminade Julienne) and sophomore Abby Englehart (Westerville, OH/North) – scored goals for the Fightin' Quakers.
- Englehart won two of Wilmington's five draw controls.
- Senior Katie Bennett, 2-8, (Newport, OH/Frontier) made 10 saves on 25 shots in 40:27.
- John Carroll was 6-of-10 on free position shots, while Wilmington was 0-for-4.
Wilmington (2-8 overall, 0-1 OAC) hosts Otterbein 7 p.m. Wednesday in OAC action.