WILMINGTON, Ohio- Friday was no ordinary meet at Wilmington College for the Quakers. Wilmington played host to the fourth annual JennaStrong Fall Classic, an event to honor their fallen teammate Jenna Parlette. The meet was not only special because it serves as a time to gather, honor and remember Jenna, but also it brought together 38 teams and various individual or unattached runners, a number of whom were Wilmington Cross Country alumni. The event fielded a total of 399 male runners. The tagline of the meet, also Jenna's life motto, "You run with your legs, win with your heart", could be seen in every runner as they pushed themselves and competed until the very end. It truly was a remarkable atmosphere.
Of the 38 teams, the Wilmington men finished 25th in the 8k race, with an average time of 28:11, 40 seconds faster than their last 8k race.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Junior Griffin Stith (Batavia, OH/Batavia) finished first for the Quakers, clocking in with a time of 26:54.3 for 85th place.
- Sophomore Rick Pride (Mt. Orab, OH/Western Brown) placed next for Wilmington. He ran in for 153rd place with a time of 27:49.3.
- Sophomores Gage Egner (Blanchester, OH/Blanchester) and Elliott Phillimore (Old Fort, OH/Old Fort) finished next with times of 28:29.8 for 205th and 28:40.8 for 211th, respectively.
- Junior Cameron Erwin (South Vienna, OH/Northeastern) closed out the Quakers's top 5, racing in for 232nd with a time of 29:00.8.
- The Quakers kick off championship season on October 29 with the OAC Championship meet at Columbus State Community College Delaware Campus.