LOUISVILLE, Kentucky- The Quakers were back in action Saturday at the Pre-National meet in Louisville, Kentucky. Wilmington competed in the day's 'Silver' race, a race that, itself, fielded 43 teams. The team finished in 34th place, holding an average time of 28:51 for the 8k race.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Junior Griffin Stith (Batavia, OH/Batavia) set the pace for the Quakers this weekend. He finished with a time of 28:08.44 for 188th place out of 388 athletes.
- Sophomore Rick Pride (Mount Orab, OH/Western Brown) was close behind, clocking in at 28:22.27 for 209th place.
- Junior Cameron Erwin (South Vienna, OH/Northeastern) ran in for a personal best (PB) at 28:39.44. This PB placed him 222nd in the field.
- Sophomores Gage Egner (Blanchester, OH/Blanchester) and Elliott Phillimore (Old Fort, OH/Old Fort) clocked in with 29:20 and 29:45, respectively, to round out the team's top five finishes.
- "Cameron Erwin ran a personal best and [Phillimore] was very close to his personal best. We are better than we ran today. [I'm] curious to see what this group is made of and see how we perform on the next month. Again, we have to get everyone healthy."
- The Quakers will compete on their home turf next week against Thomas More. Come cheer them on: Friday, October 7 at 6 PM.