Wilmington, OH - The Wilmington College Fightin' Quakers men's Lacrosse team took on the Mount Saint Joseph Lions. Wilmington won on senior night 28-9.
- Wilmington broke open the first quarter in the first minute by scoring a goal from freshman Connor Judge (Dublin, OH/Dublin Scioto). Senior Chris Hein (McKinney, TX/McKinney), Senior Reid Delaney (Wooster, OH/Wooster) and Junior Jhordan Lang (Sunbury, OH/Big Walnut), each tallied goals in the first quarter propelling Wilmington to a 6-3 lead.
- Mount St. Joseph began the second quarter by scoring a goal early on, but that did not slow down the offensive attack from Wilmington.
- Lang led the way by tallying four goals in the second and assisting on two more. Hein also had a big second quarter by putting two goals in the back of the net and assisting on three others. Wilmington led 18-5 at the half.
- The third and fourth quarters proved to be more of the same for Wilmington scoring a total of ten goals from Lang, Delaney, Judge, Hein and senior Andrew Esselstein (Dayton, OH/ Archbishop Alter).
- Wilmington broke three school records on the evening. Lang totaled 10 goals, while Wilmington as a team totaled 28 goals, the most in school history. Delaney also broke the tie for career goals becoming the all-time career goals leader.
- Defensively, junior Tanner Diment (Midland, MI/Midland) picked up 18 ground balls and won the face-off matchup all evening long.
- Koerbel allowed nine goals with 10 saves on a great outing for senior night.
- "Tonight, was a great win for our seniors and I was very proud of the way we played for all 60 minutes," said head coach Bryan Habick
- "Diment, Lang, Hein and Reid all had big nights offensively as well as maintaining possession for a majority of the time. Koerbel had a great evening as well in goal, playing solid and making some great saves," said coach Habick.
Wilmington (4-10) returns to action 7:00 p.m. Wednesday, April 26th, competing at home against Capital in conference action.