Wilmington, OH – Senior Reid Delaney compiles four goals and two assists in a loss against SUNY Geneseo by a score of 18-7, Saturday in non-conference action.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Wilmington was able to keep it close in the first period only allowing three goals and scoring one by senior Reid Delaney (McKinney, TX/McKinney).
• SUNY Geneseo came out strong in the second period scoring five goals. SUNY Geneseo scored three four goals with Wilmington answering by another Delaney score, but not before SUNY Geneseo was able to add one more before the half.
• In the second half SUNY Geneseo was able to scoring ten additional goals to Wilmington's four.
• This afternoon Wilmington was out-shot 51-29 and had 28 turnovers ultimately leading to additional goal opportunities by SUNY Geneseo.
• Offensively, junior Jhordan Lang (Sunbury, OH/ Big Walnut) assisted on the offensive attack adding two goals and two assists to his season total.
• Defensively, junior Tanner Diment (Midland, MI/Midland) was able to pick up 10 ground balls and assisted in winning the face-off battle 16-27.
• Senior goalie, Paul Koerbel (Maineville, OH/Kings) allowed 17 goals while totaling 4 saves on the afternoon.
• "Reid had a great game scoring or assisting on six out of the seven goals today, but we are going to need a more balanced effort to get the job done against our next opponent," said Head Coach Bryan Habick.
• "We won the groundball game today, but the turnover margin was too much for us to keep up with. I'm extremely proud of our fourth quarter effort, but we need that every quarter," said Coach Habick.
Wilmington (3-3) returns to action 7:00 p.m. Wednesday, March 22nd, competing at home against the Transylvania Pioneers in non-conference action.