GAMBIER – The Wilmington College baseball team stepped away from Ohio Athletic Conference, and dropped a pair of non-conference games to Kenyon Wednesday.
GAME ONE: KENYON 10, WILMINGTON 3
- Sophomore Jake Hyatt (Madeira, OH/Madeira) was 2-for-4 with a double, homer and an RBI to lead the Fightin' Quakers offensively.
- Kenyon scored three runs in the second, third, and fourth innings to open up a 9-2 lead.
- Hyatt homered to open the second, and junior Kyle Short (Trenton, OH/Edgewood) singled home a run in the second.
- Freshman Nick Silvis (Beavercreek, OH/Indian Lake) had an RBI single in the sixth inning to cap the WC scoring.
- Junior Joshua Chua (Lancaster, England/Claremont [CA]) finished 2-for-4 with a double and a run scored.
- Sophomore Jarett Trautman, 0-5, (Hartville, OH/Field) was saddled with the loss, allowing six earned runs on nine hits in 2 2/3 innings.
GAME TWO: KENYON 20, WILMINGTON 7
- After leading 1-0 after two innings, Wilmington was outscored 20-6 over the final seven innings. The Lords scored in each of their six at-bats.
- The Fightin' Quakers tallied three runs in each the sixth and eighth innings.
- Silvis and freshman Shane Hale each had three hits for WC. The three hits were a career-high for Hale (New Lebanon, OH/Dixie). After missing the bulk of the season with an injury, Hale is five of his last eight with two runs scored.
- Junior Jake Robinson (Westerville, OH/North) finished 2-for-4 with two RBI and WC's lone extra base hit – a double.
- Chua extended his hitting streak to five games, going 2-for-3 with an RBI and two runs scored.
- Freshman Lance Fleischman, 1-1, (Milford, OH/Milford) allowed five runs on four hits with four walks in 3 2/3 innings.
Wilmington returns to Tewksbury-Delaney Field 1 p.m. Saturday to host Mount Union in an Ohio Athletic Conference doubleheader.