RICHMOND, IN – The Wilmington College baseball team fell to Earlham Sunday as the Quakers completed the three-game series sweep with the 8-2 win at Sadler Stadium.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Earlham took the lead for good with four runs in the bottom of the sixth inning.
- Starter Jared Ferenchak, 1-3, (Concord, OH/Notre Dame Cathedral Latin) was seemingly on cruise control until the offensive barrage forced him from the game in the sixth. He had allowed one run on four hits heading into the frame. Ferenchak allowed four earned runs on five hits in 5 1/3 innings.
- Sophomore Jake Hyatt (Madeira, OH/Madeira) recorded Wilmington's only RBI with a two-out double in the top of the sixth inning, scoring sophomore Ryan Collett (Wilmington, OH/Clinton Massie).
- Collett also scored the other Wilmington run, crossing the plate on a wild pitch in the eighth.
- Hyatt, freshman Nick Silvis (Beavercreek, OH/Indian Lake) and sophomore Alec Robinette (Lebanon, OH/Little Miami) all had two hits for the Fightin' Quakers.
- Earlham finished with 10 stolen bases over the nine-inning game.
Wilmington (3-10) is scheduled to host Thomas More 4 p.m. Tuesday in a non-conference nine-inning contest. The Saints (5-3) are coming off a doubleheader split with Ohio Northern.